Explore the Lake District with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the region’s trendiest places, and get tips on shopping, what to do on a limited budget and ideas for travel with kids. Let Marco Polo show you all this beautiful corner of Britain has to offer?
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the region. Stay in a National Trust property, take an alpaca for a walk or enjoy a cream tea with a heavenly view across Ullswater.Â
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best 'only in' the Lake District experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all the top sights are organised by area so you can easily plan your trip.Â
- Discovery Tours -Â specially tailored walking and driving tours will help you enjoy all of the Lake District. These inspirational itineraries will help you explore all the mountains, lakes and gorgeous little towns of this popular National Park.Â
- Lake District in full-colour - Marco Polo Pocket Guide Lake District includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the region to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - you can download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to walk in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!Â Â
- Road Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed road atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour. The map includes small street maps of Kendal, Keswick, Bowness on Windermere and Grasmere.